March is National Nutrition Month – a good time to focus on the importance of healthy eating.
The campaign originated in 1973 by The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The mission statement is simple - "To increase the public's awareness of the importance of good nutrition and position registered dietitian nutritionists as the authorities in nutrition."
We know how busy you are, and sometimes fast, convenient food is the only option. But it doesn’t have to come from a drive-thru. At Host Coffee, we offer fresh, healthy food options in our micro market daily!
If you want to eat healthy, keep these easy tips in mind:
- Reduce your saturated fats: Choose foods that contain unsaturated fat over those with saturated fat such as hard cheeses, biscuits, bacon and sausages, and ice cream and milk shakes.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables: See if you can increase to eating 5 portions of fruits or vegetables (the recommended amount) at least 5 days a week.
- Eat less salt: Check the labels of food you purchase and look for foods with lower salt amounts. Reduce or eliminate the salt you add to foods, and when possible choose fresh fruits and vegetables over processed food.
- Cut back on sugar: If you eat a lot of sweets, substitute nuts or a granola bar a few times a week. If you are a soda drinker, replace one a day with water or fruit juice.
- Drink more water: Drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day is recommended, and it’s also one of the best ways to stay healthy!
- Get more active: It goes without saying that being more active will help you maintain or achieve a healthy weight.
Host Coffee can help you stick to these tips for healthy eating. Our micro markets offer healthy food and drink options by providing fresh fruits and vegetables, salads and sandwiches, as well as healthy snack and drink options. Adding our water service to your office space will make it easy for you to achieve the goal of drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day.
Call us today to learn more – and we hope you enjoy National Nutrition Month!